Website Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Amazon Strategic Customer Engagements, Deal Team – Deal Lead – Amazon Web Services, Inc. – New York
Strategic Customer Engagements, Deal Team – Deal Lead
Do you have an aptitude for working with customers in competitive and complex sales opportunities? Analyzing customer requests and creating innovative business deals to address these? Taking complex scenarios and simplifying them to fulfill customer outcomes? Building consensus across broad stakeholder groups? Then AWS has an opportunity for you!
Strategic Customer Engagements (SCE) is seeking an individual for the Deal Team to support the rapid growth of the AWS Americas business. You will be specifically responsible for working with our customers on commercial private opportunities to meet their desired business outcomes while ensuring alignment with AWS business objectives. You will be involved in the critical phases of the Deal Cycle (Strategy, Structuring, Negotiations, and Closure). The ideal candidate will have customer facing experience, be a proven collaborator across internal and external stakeholders, and be a high business judgment individual.
Opportunity Strategy: Partner with broader internal team and work with the customer to help set objectives, analyze key and ensure executive alignment on the strategy for the opportunity. The individual will be able to provide advice on the competitive situation and create an actionable strategy to meet the outcomes desired by our customers and our business.
Commercial Structure: Understanding the desired business objectives and creating a competitive commercial deal structure that maximizes the value of the opportunity. This includes analysis of the historical purchasing patterns by the customer, and understanding of AWS programs that can support achieving customer’s business outcomes.
Negotiations: Experience with customer negotiations focused on the commercial aspects of the deal and associated contractual business terms.
Closure: Will be able to bring the commercial deal to contractual closure, including briefing senior management and managing and coordinating all of the internal and customer stakeholders
This role is based in North America.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Acts as trusted advisor and thought leader in the development of the commercial strategy and deal; partners in the execution of the sales cycle (strategy, structuring, negotiation, and closure) for strategic, complex, or highly competitive commercial opportunities.
· Inspires and influences internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles in order to achieve desired business outcomes
· Facilitates alignment and effective AWS communication within internal and external stakeholders and promptly resolves any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interactions.
· Cultivates best practices through analysis and reporting in support of continuous improvement.
Works with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, legal, etc.) as required
· 12+ years in a sales environment working with teams on structuring of strategic, complex, and/or competitive opportunities, and/or customer facing in a solution oriented capacity
· Strong analytical and presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
· Bachelor degree in Business, Economics, Technology or Finance (or equivalent work experience)
· Advanced degree or equivalent relevant experience
· Direct field experience in working with enterprise accounts
· Knowledge of AWS products and services
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Fluent English required, other languages a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
US Benefits and Stock
The perks of being an Amazon employee don’t stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. We also offer a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. These benefits include health care coverage, ways to save for the future, and other resources to improve your well-being.
The benefits on this page apply to regular, full-time employees.
Amazon’s benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment.
Our Medical plan options give you the flexibility to select the right health care coverage for you and eligible family members. Choose from several plans, including a Health Savings Account (with employee and employer contributions), and multiple network providers for the best care in your area. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans as well as a Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care.
- Amazon’s 401(k) plan provides you an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings and includes a company match. The plan offers a variety of investment options to help you reach your financial goals.
- Company-paid basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance with the option to enroll in additional coverage for you and your dependents.
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability.
Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
At Amazon, most employees have the ability to become owners of the company through the granting and vesting of Restricted Stock Units. Amazon is continually evaluating new ways to provide other types of ownership opportunities for all employees.
Network of Support
Amazon cares about your health and well-being, both on and off the job. The following benefits are available at no cost to help make life a little bit easier.
- Amazon’s free Employee Assistance Program provides confidential 24/7 support, resources and referrals for every aspect of work and personal life.
- We offer online resources for parents whose children struggle with developmental disabilities, as well as help finding child and elder care referrals and assistance.
- Employees have access to financial counseling, estate planning and other services in the event of a life-threatening illness or death.
Amazon offers adoption assistance for qualified domestic and international adoption expenses including attorney fees, court costs, and travel.
Maternity and Parental Leave
Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child. This includes our industry unique “Leave Share” option and a flexible return-to-work program known as “Ramp Back.” Parental options require at least one year of continuous service by the date of a child’s birth or adoption placement. Learn more here.
Regular time away from work is essential for employees to recharge and renew. Employees earn paid time off in addition to company paid holidays.
Amazon.com Employee Discount
Employees receive an annual discount on products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
The Amazon Career Choice Program is an innovative program offered to hourly employees. The program pre-pays 95% of the cost of tuition, textbooks, and related fees so the employee can focus on their studies and not the expense. Career Choice allows employees to develop in-demand skills for professions of the future, including medical technicians, paralegals, robotics engineers and solar panel installation professionals.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.