Website Rural King
America's Farm and Home Store
About Rural King
Rural King, also known as RK Holdings, LLP, is America’s Farm and Home Store, a General Merchandise Store, providing essentials to the communities we serve. More specifically, we provide a broad range of necessities, essential goods, food, feed, seed and other farm and home products. Rural King planted its roots in Mattoon, Illinois in 1960. Since that time, Rural King has added over 100 stores in a thirteen-state area (Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, West Virginia and Virginia). The heart of Rural King is the corporate office, distribution center and flagship store, located in its city of origin, Mattoon IL.
We welcome visitors, and encourage you to come in and take part in our 50 year tradition by enjoying a free bag of popcorn and cup of coffee on us.
Our locations have an outstanding product mix with items such as livestock feed, farm equipment, agricultural parts, lawn mowers, workwear, fashion clothing, housewares and toys. You never know what you will find at your local Rural King and that’s why every trip is an adventure. Our friendly staff is dedicated to serving your needs and can help you find whatever you’re looking for.
We pride ourselves on providing Every Day Low Prices, along with being the industry leader in product knowledge and customer service.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
The Customer Service Specialist provides exceptional service through communication, friendliness, and store/product knowledge, as well as maintaining an exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Communicate professionally with all Rural King associates and customers
- Make sure EAS devices are deactivated and a member of management is asked to come to the front for resolution if alarm would sound
- Offer load out assistance to customers and call to make sure a loader has responded
- File paperwork quickly and accurately
- Reconcile with 100% accuracy
- Answer incoming calls at the registers with proper phone etiquette
- Use general office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Execute cash management, return, layaway, and exchange policies accurately
- Perform accurate transactions and price dispute resolution
- Complete cashier-duties chore list
- Redline in front of the registers when not with a customer
- Keep popcorn and coffee full and fresh
- Must be alert to surroundings at all times for shrink prevention and customer service
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Detail oriented with demonstrated math skills for cash handling
- 2+ years retail cashier or customer service experience preferred
- Willingness to train cashiers.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning system, and wireless handheld unit
- Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire onboarding process remotely
- Ability to complete computer-based training
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Ability to actively listen to customer inquiries and respond with politeness and diplomacy in difficult situations
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds repetitively and 21-50 pounds intermittently
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times per day
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively and professionally with all audiences (in-person or via handheld transceiver)
- Good visual acuity
- Close vision for computer work
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Job Title: Customer Service Specialist
Job Location: Store Location
Reports to: Front End Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
To apply for this job please visit careers.jobscore.com.