Website Maverik Inc.
Maverik was founded by Reuel Call in Afton, WY., in 1928, and has grown to over 330 stores in 11 states in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Washington, Nebraska, Oregon, South Dakota, New Mexico and Wyoming to become the largest independent convenience store chain in the Intermountain West. Maverik currently employs over 5,000 employees and has aggressive growth plans, including expansion into markets west of the Mississippi. As Adventure’s First Stop, Maverik lives up to its purpose to build the coolest convenience-experience on the planet.
At Maverik, we are guided by our leadership Standards. We
• Treat others better than they expect to be treated
• Make Maverik a great place to work by empowering your team while supporting Maverik’s purpose and plans
• Make Maverik a great operator for our customers by solving problems when you see them and keeping your team on track
• Make Maverik a great growth company by coaching your team to be tomorrow’s leaders and constantly looking for ways to do things better.
Cashier (Full Time)
What You’ll do as a Cashier/Customer Service:
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service
- Perform regular cleaning of counter surfaces, store equipment and restrooms
- Face merchandise and ensure it is stocked, priced, and promoted correctly
- Conduct daily inspections of perishable products to check freshness and proper rotation
- Receive product delivers from vendors, including moving, sorting and stacking cases
- Adhere to all city, county, state and federal laws affecting store operations including the sale of tobacco and alcohol products
- Ability to meet the physical demands of lifting, bending, carrying, pushing and pulling of items weighing up to 50 lbs.as well as standing for long periods of time
- Operate the cashier register and gas console and accurately handle all payment types for product sold
- Address customer complaints in a positive manner and document complaints for follow up by the Store Manager
- Keep the inside and outside of the store free of litter and spills and ensure equipment is sanitized and in good working condition
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Attention to detail
- A comfort level with handling cash and giving change
- Previous retail cashier or customer service experience
- A high level of energy with strong customer service skills
- The ability to learn tasks quickly and work with little to no supervision
- A helpful,courteous approach to resolving complaints
- Basic math and computer skills
- Open availability to work various shifts
- A Food Handlers Permit, if required by the store/county
What you will get:
- Team environment that’s supportive and fun!
- Opportunities to learn about great customer service and retail
- Competitive Market-based pay, great benefits, and career growth opportunities
- Connections with great people and a great company
What we believe in:
- Making Maverik a great operator for our customer by being a problem solver and putting the customer first
- Making Maverik a great growth company by sharing ideas and working to get better every day
- Making Maverik a great place to work by having fun and taking responsibility
- Treating others better than they expect to be treated
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive wages
- Paid Vacation – Earn PTO starting day one!
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full time employees
- $75 annual gym reimbursement
- Education assistance (up to $5250 a year)
- $15,000 company paid Life Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Opportunity to Advance; we promote from within!
- Exciting bonus opportunities
- 50% discount on food/drink items purchased while on shift Full Time
APPLY TODAY and join our team!
Shift: This is a full time job opportunity
Come help build the coolest convenience experience on the planet!
Are you someone who enjoys working with the public and who has a friendly, outgoing personality? If so, your next job adventure awaits. Maverik’s Customer Service/Cashier is the first point of contact and becomes the Adventure Guide for Maverik customers purchasing items to fuel their vehicles and their bellies. If you are looking for variety, you will have the opportunity to work in and learn all areas of the store which include operations and food service. You need to bring your energy, that big smile and a great attitude, and we will train you on all the rest!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.