Seasonal Customer Care Associate
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country.
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect is seeking highly motivated problem-solvers who love working with people and are passionate about sustainability and our impact on the world. Ideal candidates will have an upbeat attitude and drive to provide exceptional service.
- Take the initiative to learn the company’s products and processes
- Respond to customer inquiries starting via email with possibility to progress to live channels (chats and phones) for additional pay
- Support 50-100 customers during a typical day
- Devise creative solutions to any and all problems that arise
- Assist customers in managing their online accounts
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 1-2 years experience in a customer service role
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet
- Experience with Zendesk or similar customer-service software a plus
- Impeccable computer skills and knowledge
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Passionate about product knowledge and delivering a great experience
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
- Must be able to work remotely from a quiet location without distractions
- Must have an internet connection of no less than 10mbps
- MUST BE BASED IN TUCSON AZ
Details of Position
- Part-time position – 29 hours per week – no overtime
- MUST BE BASED IN TUCSON AZ
- Paid sick time earned on an accrual basis
- Exact work schedule will be provided upon offer
- Paid hourly starting at $13 per hour
- Ability to progress to live channels for additional pay of $1\channel up to $15\hr based on performance
- This is a seasonal position and will last no more than 6 months with potential to convert to a regular full time position based on performance
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.